Traveling with DCCU in your pocket
Relax with DCCU!
Everyone loves to take a vacation! Relaxing, shopping for souvenirs and exploring new surroundings are great ways to spend time away from home. Enjoy vacations even more knowing your bills are paid and you have access to your money. DCCU has several products to help simplify your adventure.
Reloadable Visa Travel Card - a safe, preapaid and reloadable alternative to cash
Traveling with your DCCU Visa Debit Card
- Notify Dane County Credit Union before traveling internationally. Advance notification will help ensure that legitimate purchases are approved. Be aware that your DCCU debit card is subject to daily POS and cash withdrawal limits. Please contact DCCU when you plan to use either your DCCU debit or credit card in ANY foreign country. The fraud detection systems we have in place could recognize foreign transactions as unusual activity and shut down further card activity. We are here to help you avoid experiencing any inconvenience of this type during your travels.
- Memorize your Visa card Personal Identification Number (PIN). Memorizing your PIN will help you easily obtain cash from local ATMs. Your Visa debit card can be used at approximately 1.7 million Visa and PLUS ATMs worldwide. CAUTION: For security reasons, never write your PIN on your Visa debit card.
- Keep your Visa debit card account number and the lost / stolen customer service contact telephone number 800 472-3272 in a safe place (separate from your wallet or handbag).
- In some countries (particularly in Europe), merchants may be more familiar with accepting EMV chip cards (cards with an embedded chip) than magnetic-stripe cards. Visa requires that magnetic-stripe cards be accepted everywhere Visa is accepted.
- In countries that have adopted chip technology, international visitors may continue to use their non-chip-enabled cards; most chip terminals will recognize and process a magnetic-stripe card.
- If you encounter a merchant who is hesitant to accept a non-chip card for payment, encourage the merchant to swipe the magnetic-stripe card through the terminal and follow the terminal prompts to complete the transaction.
- If you are using an unattended rail ticket kiosk or an automated fuel dispenser that does not recognize non-chip cards, present your card to an attendant or agent (e.g., at a ticket window).
- In some countries, you may be prompted to enter your PIN at a merchant terminal. While cardholders do need to enter a PIN at an ATM, it is not necessary to enter a PIN at a merchant location for magnetic stripe cards. You should be able to bypass the PIN request and proceed with the transaction by clicking “OK” on the terminal.
- If, for some reason, you are unable to use your Visa card to make a purchase at a merchant location, you should be able to obtain cash from a local ATM.
- If any problems or concerns arise pertaining to your Visa debit card, contact Dane County Credit Union by dialing 800 593-3228 or if after hours contact 800 232-2024. You may also contact Visa Global Customer Care Services to locate the toll-free number appropriate for the country in which you are traveling.
eStatements - before leaving sign up for eStatements so your monthly paper statement isn't left vulnerable in your mailbox. Learn more about eStatements.
Automatic payments & transfers
Set up automatic loan payments to avoid late penalties and set up transfers so your money is where it needs to be. Loan payments can be set up so the payment comes from one of your DCCU accounts or from another financial.
When traveling on payday, direct deposit will ensure your money is automatically available when you need it.
Kwik Cash overdraft protection protects your checking account form overdraft fees with this line of credit.
National and International account access
Alliance One ATMs - online listing of national surcharge free ATMs for DCCU members. View the Alliance One ATM listing.
CO-OP Shared Branches - search online for US and international credit union branches for access to all your DCCU accounts. Visit the CO-OP Shared Branches website.