Savings Accounts for Kids & Teens
Dane County Credit Union offers savings accounts for kids and teens that help teach financial responsibility at a young age. It’s never too early to start saving money for your child, and we have the accounts you need to help them thrive! Whether it is our Great Dane account which offers fun and exciting incentives to younger kids who save; or our Claim Your Youth program for older teens, Dane County Credit Union has you and your child covered!
During the school winter break, many families look for things to do to occupy their children’s time and release some energy. We have the perfect solution! The Great Dane invites all his friends to come to DCCU’s NEW Winter Party at the Legacy Academy, an activity center and indoor playground. This event is open house style so come whenever you're able between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The Great Dane will have pizza, drinks and cookies to share with all his party friends.
- When: Thursday, December 27, 2018
- Who: All children ages 0-12 are welcome!
- Place: Legacy Academy - 2881 Commerce Park Dr, Suite G, Fitchburg, WI 53719
- Time: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Please RSVP here. Call 608 256-5665 with questions. See you then!
- Receive a Great Dane welcome kit with savings tools and goodies.
- Build savings for your child with automatic transfers. Consistent deposits add up as your child grows.
- Kids keep track of in-person deposits with special game cards and get prizes when they reach deposit milestones.
- Special events including an Easter egg hunt, Santa visit, and free movies are held throughout the year especially for our Great Dane savers.
- Kids also receive free newsletters full of Great Dane Savers news, education and games.
*Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly.
Money management just for teens at Dane County Credit Union!
DCCU is committed to helping teen members get a smart financial head start. Members between the ages of 13 and 17 can take advantage of the special teen accounts below.
Teen Account Options
- Classic checking account* - A great way to manage your money.
- Debit card* - Debits checking account directly for purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Mobile App with Mobile Deposit- A great way to manage your money when you're on the go. Deposit checks by taking a picture!
- Visa Prepaid Cards - Great for managing money.
- Deposit Plus Certificate - Start a certificate with only $250 and make deposits whenever you want.
- Auto loan* - A great way to build a credit history. Learn more about DCCU's auto loans.
- eServices - Convenient electronic account management tools - FREE! Learn more about budget basics. Learn more about DCCU's eServices.
*Parent or guardian joint account ownership is required for checking, debit card and auto loans. Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly.