Savings Accounts for Kids & Teens
Dane County Credit Union offers savings accounts for kids and teens that help teach financial responsibility at a young age. It’s never too early to start saving money for your child, and we have the accounts you need to help them thrive! Whether it is our Great Dane account for younger savers; or our #MyMoney accounts for teens, Dane County Credit Union has you and your child(ren) covered!
It's a goal of DCCU to educate teens about money management which sets them up for financial success. The #MyMoney Teen Blog is where teens will find useful information geared specifically towards them.
- Build savings for your child with automatic transfers. Consistent deposits add up as your child grows.
- Bring kids into the branch so they get a feel for depositing money and seeing the balance grow.
- Special events are held throughout the year especially for our Great Dane savers.
- Kids also receive free newsletters full of Great Dane Savers news, education and games.
*Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly.
#MyMoney - Accounts for Teens
Money management for teens at Dane County Credit Union - - - #MyMoney!
DCCU is committed to helping teen members get a smart financial head start in life. The younger they can start saving, the better off they'll be down the road.
TEENS: Check out the #MyMoney Teen Blog
Members between the ages of 13 and 17 can take advantage of the special #MyMoney accounts below.
#MyMoney Account Options
- Classic checking account* - A great way to manage money.
- Debit card* - Debits checking account directly for purchases and cash withdrawals.
- Savings Accounts
- Deposit Plus Certificate** - Start a certificate with only $250 and make deposits anytime.
- Savings Builder Account*** - With a number of options and tools to choose from this customizable account is specially designed to help anyone reach their savings goals.
- Mobile App with Mobile Deposit- A great way to manage money on a mobile device. Deposit checks by taking a picture!
- Security and Notifications
*Parent or guardian joint account ownership is required for checking and debit card.
**Deposit Plus certificate: Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly. Penalty for early withdrawal. *Minimum deposit is the minimum balance to earn dividends and does not include the required $5 membership share savings account.
***Savings Builder accounts with $5 withdrawal fee are allowed one free withdrawal per calendar year and earn interest at the Savings Booster level on amounts betwen $100 and $5000, balances over $5000 earn interest at the Regular or Savings Builder rate on the entire balance. Accounts with no withdrawal fee (Savings Builder) earn interest at the regular savings rate. Check current rates. Minimum balance to earn dividends is $100. Dividends are compounded and paid quarterly.