A debit card is the most convenient way to access your DCCU checking account. Any qualified member who has a checking account with DCCU may take advantage of our debit card. You can use your debit card at stores, restaurants, to do transactions at ATMs, and to order merchandise by phone, online, or mail. Funds will be deducted directly from your DCCU checking account.
Mastercard Debit Card Conversion
DCCU members have received new and enhanced debit cards. The new cards provide members with the more secure chip technology as well as a number of additional benefits only available to Mastercard cardholders.
What will happen automatically?
- All DCCU Visa debit cardholders have received a new DCCU Mastercard debit card
- Your new Mastercard debit card will have a security EMV chip.
- Each new Mastercard debit card will have a new card number.
- ATM transactions will remain surcharge free through the Alliance One ATM Network.
- Members enrolled in uChoose Rewards will have their reward points transferred to their new DCCU Mastercard debit card and all login information will remain the same. Go to uChoose Rewards.
What do I need to do?
- Activate your new debit card upon receipt and choose a 4 digit PIN (you may choose the same PIN as you had with your Visa debit card if you wish)
- Notify merchants who use your Visa debit card number for recurring payments and give them the new Mastercard debit card number. This can typically be done through the merchant website or by calling their customer service number.
- If you receive more than one card, please call 608 256-5665 or 800 593-3228 and we will tell you which card goes with which checking account.
- If you were not already enrolled with your old Visa debit card, please register your new debit card in the uChoose Rewards program.
- Register your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Masterpass, and Samsung Pay if you use a digital wallet.
Mastercard debit card benefits:
- Upgraded security with chip technology
- Extended Warranty
- Mastercard Global Service
- Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Mastercard Airport Concierge
- Price Protection
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Mastercard Priceless Cities
To find out details of these Mastercard programs please refer to the Guide To Benefits that is sent with your card.
Changing your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
Choose the method that is most convenient for you:
- Call 800 757-9848 - the new PIN will be active immediately
- You can reset your PIN in person at any of our branch locations. The new PIN will be active the next day.
- If you know your current PIN, you can reset it at our ATM at Rimrock Road, Struck Street or E. Washington Avenue. The new PIN will be active immediately.
EMV Chip Cards
The chip on the card generates a one-time use code for each transaction you make lessening the chances of your information being compromised in the event of a merchant data breach. Chip cards are much harder for criminals to create counterfeit cards with compromised account data due to the chip.
Read more about EMV Chip Cards.
uChoose Rewards debit card
uChoose Rewards is a unique program that rewards you for using your DCCU Mastercard debit card. Earn one point for every two US dollars ($2) spent on eligible debit card signature purchases. We keep track of all the points you've earned. Points can be redeemed anytime and are good for three years from the time they are earned. You will earn points on all signature transactions after initial activation of your card.
Card Valet App
The Card Valet App from our partner, Fiserv, lets you use your mobile device to help you stay in control of your finances, keep your account safe, and prevent fraud. Transactions are secure as your account information is not stored on your mobile device. Find Card Valet in your app store and after you’ve downloaded it, register your DCCU debit cards for extra safety and control. PLEASE NOTE: When registering your debit card you will need to enter the last 4 digits of the PRIMARY (name listed first on your DCCU account) member's Social Security Number.
CardValet enables cardholders to:
- Monitor and control card transactions
- Parents: Manage and review card usage for your dependents
- Business Owners: Enforce company spending policy compliance on business cards
Digital Wallet: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Masterpass
A digital wallet is a virtual wallet on your smart phone that allows you to make electronic transactions or payments. It can be used to purchase items at a store, online, and sometimes within other apps.
Your DCCU Mastercard debit card and Élan Visa credit card may be linked to your digital wallet.
your DCCU Mastercard debit card works with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Masterpass! With a single tap it’s possible to make secure, mobile payments at over 220,000 locations.
DCCU credit cards also work with Apple Pay and Google Pay.