When your identity is stolen thieves use your personal, confidential information to steal your money through various channels. This can be disastrous to your personal finances and your credit report. Imagine finding out someone has opened bank accounts and loans under your social security number or obtained medical services (racking up bills) in your name or even your child’s.
Cleaning up this mess takes a long time. You’ll spend countless hours on the phone calling companies where fraud occurred, placing alerts on your credit reports, and reporting the theft to the FTC and local police. You’ll also have to close your accounts and open new ones, and submit corrections to your credit reports.
Who has time for ID Theft? No. One.
It won’t happen to me, you say? How about these statistics from the recently released 2019 Identity Fraud Study:
- 14.4 million consumers fell victim to fraud in 2018
- victims’ out-of-pocket fraud costs more than doubled in two years to $1.7 billion in 2018
- new account and account take over fraud cost $3.4 billion in 2018
What can you do to protect your identity?
Dane County Credit Union’s debit Mastercard® offers free Identity Protection. All you have to do is activate the service. This robust and customizable service is available to all DCCU debit Mastercard® users.
Mastercard® ID Theft Protection
- Protect – Defend your personal information and secure your digital privacy.
- Detect – Track your identity risk level and detect potential fraud early.
- Alert – See suspicious activity and take action immediately.
- Resolve – Repair problems quickly with help from our experts.
Read complete details and activate the service so you can rest easy while the experts do the hard work for you.
Don’t have DCCU’s debit Mastercard®? Request one today! Call 608 256-5665 or 800 593-3228 or stop by any branch.